Sunday 22 April 2012

Platform & Gig number 5!

Hello all,

Apologies for not posting about yesterday's gig at Platform cafe sooner, but after being all sung out yesterday I thought you wouldn't mind waiting ;-)

The Platform cafe was one of those places that I had in my little black book of places to gig before I retire!! Haha! So I was so excited to be able to perform their yesterday...A beautiful cafe nestled in between several floors dedicated to art studios, the platform cafe is a hidden gem that needs to be experienced people! We had a lot of support which was lovely, and there was definitely a loud vibe! Everyone who was there know what I'm saying! Thanks to everyone who came out and experienced The Ginger Tea Tour, it was so lovely to meet some new friends...

Now onto today's gig at Lock 7...All I can say is WOW! We loved the setting....picture a floating Sunday afternoon when the suns decided to peek through the sky for a few stolen moments, in a peaceful yet vibrant corner of East London...on the bridge over the canal sits a coffee shop come bike repair shop, fit with the highest ceilings and biggest windows you could wish for...An hour of playing my stories to anyone who fancies, followed by a well earned moment dedicated to demolishing the finest vegetable lasagna I've had the pleasure of tasting(courtesy of Kathryn)....imagine all this finery and you have a small idea of what's in store for you at Lock 7.....amazing way to spend a Sunday...Thank you to all the new friends of Abimaro & The Free I met...

Bring on The Vortex tomorrow @ 6pm!x



No comments:

Post a Comment